Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Days 13 & 14 - Goodbye 2013, Hello 2014

Day 13 - 31 December 2013
Well for the last day of the 2013, it's been ever so low key.  And not one single photo was taken.

Peter and I took the washing round the corner to the laundry service. Then Peter, Sue & the boys caught the train to Long Island to visit their friends that live there.  I stayed local for the day, I went to the cinema and saw three quarters of American Hustle (yes I fell asleep), what I did see of it was good.  Then I went to the local Kmart for a wander and bought some shoe laces.  It was about 2 pm when I got home.  I stayed in for an hour then I popped around the corner to the 'SPA' to  get my nails done and a foot massage.  The girl who massaged the feet wasn't a patch on Sophia (masseuse from blog Days 8 & 9).  While I was at the Spa it snowed again ever so lightly, by the time I got out the snow had stopped and there wasn't a single piece of evidence that it had even snowed.

The family arrived back about 9.15pm from Long Island. We then rang Shirley and Bernie (Mum and Dad) to check in.  I think Shirl cast a spell on me.  She asked me if I was well and I said yes, all good.  Within two hours of that phone call I was glued to the toilet with a gastro bug (It's not Chron's related) as I was vomiting too. Basically I spent the evening down stairs on the couch and was back and forth to the loo. I was never going to go to the ball drop at Times Square due to the crowds and cold, just as well I didn't, it wouldn't have been pretty.

Day 14 - 1 January 2014
I've not left the apartment today as I'm not game to wander too far from the ablutions.  Vomiting seems to have stopped and the other is slowing heaps, so I think it's just a 24 hour gastro bug that is running it's course.  Shirl - I'm blaming you!! (You know I'm joking!!).  Sue had the gastro thing a couple of days earlier, I just hope everyone else in the apartment gets out unscathed and thank god we weren't in that other apartment with faulty plumbing.  Plumbing in this apartment is a bit sluggish but so far with a bit of perseverance it's held up.  Just got to get through the next 18 - 24 hour as we are moving on.  Peter and the Family are headed to Washington and I am headed to Milford Plaza for three nights and I will have Shelley arrive for two of those three nights.  I have to be over this by then!!

Where I spent the night NYE 2013, spew pot to my right

No comments:

Post a Comment