Monday, January 13, 2014

Day 21 – Tinkering about in St. Thomas (U.S. Virgin Islands)

Today we were supposed to dock around 11.30am at St. Thomas a lovely island which is one of the US Virgin Islands, but cause of some wind overnight arrival time got put back to 1.30pm.  So upon docking we dis-embarked the ship and organised our transport in this cool taxi thing over to Megans Beach. The ride took us about half hour through rain forest terrain.  It was a lovely drive and I really liked St. Thomas.  Ever so laid back.
 
Beep. Beep.

So we hit Megans Beach and this is the view we were greeted with.  Welcome to the Caribbean. 
(photo's don't do this beach justice, it was just gorgeous, the water was crystal clear) 

 
Old Mate selling his wares (his lovely coconuts) and wielding his machete like no body's business
 
Yes this beach was packed and it cost us $4 each to enter but it really was just beautiful.  It was probably only 25 degrees C and Peter was the only one to have a swim, Sue and I had strawberry Daiquiris in plastic cups instead, they were yummy.

Not a fake selfie.  I've graduated and managed to take a real selfie!!!
Here I am on Megans Beach 
 
Peter was the only one to take a dip in the crystal clear Caribbean waters.
 
Look at Nick - Too cool for school in his sunnies
 
We caught another one of those cool taxi’s back to the ship, this return trip took a little longer due to ‘peak hour’ traffic on the island.  When we got back to the cruise ship terminal it was about 5pm and pitch dark.  The boys went back on board and the adults roamed the terminal shops.  I bought a replacement nighty for the one left behind at the Hyatt NYC, some fridge magnets and a bling bling dress ring and a pair of stud ear rings.

Shower, dinner and another early night.  I have never slept so well in my life as I have slept on this ship.  I reckon I’ve caught up on a decade of crap sleep since I’ve been on this ship, it’s just brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment